Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good morning! What a crazy week it has been! I have been reminded that we are called to pray for those in authority over us. Romans 13 is very clear and sobering-"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists God, and those who resist, will bring judgment on themselves." My calling is clear~to teach my girls as well as myself to pray for the new president and his staff~regardless of our 'feelings'. He has been placed in authority over us and if we truly believe that God is in control we should not be all sad and whiney. Get over it(I'm talking to myself:) It is so evident that God is calling us as believers to 'humble ourselves and pray!'(2Chronicles 7:14). With all that said, I'm out of here for today-I think He's given me clear instruction for today....

No comments: